her thoughts

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Updates!

Sat
Picture overload from family night dinner! Really enjoyable night with the cousins! =)





And the sisters in church! =)


Sun

Today's sermon was on the sin of sloth, i.e. the big fat laziness. And I think i'm so guity of that, sleeping till past noon, since it's the hols. It's true that with more sleep after the necessary, you'll actually feel more lethargic. So, starting tomorrow, I shall try to get up earlier. Haha..

5 Cs to overcoming laziness:
1) Convert God's 'You shall' to 'I will'.
2) Cast aside blindness that beset me, eg. procrastination, excuses, tardiness.
3) Constantly reset my goals to match God's standards.
4) Concentrate on goals not problems.
5) Cause my faith to match the task.

I'm so guilty of procrastination, leaving stuff till the last minute. My mum just told me a few days ago to start getting the momentum before the next semester starts. And I told her, I've survived 13 odd years of academic life in procrastination. I shall resolve to buck up this coming sem and stop procrastinating, but enjoy my hols to the fullest first! =)

The 5th C reminded me of how I used to runaway from leading worship at Luona's cell last time, telling her 'no, no, no... I can't lead.' But when I joined Genacts, leading worship first fell into my hands as an expectation. I remember how I prayed, prayed and prayed really hard for the Spirit of God to just take over the entire worship session, cause I knew my own abilities could never match up with the task. It was really a challenge of my faith. But the Lord is faithful and so gracious. Now, leading worship is actually enjoyable. Praise the Lord.

Girls talk with Anna, was really interesting! We should have more of these in future. =) Lunched at Rocky Masters with the darlings Yvonne, Yiru, Crystal and Dione dione, after service.

Terrific Sunday out with cryssy dear after that! Didn't catch No Reservation due to terrible movie timings, so we ended up...... shopping! Crystal little miss chatterbox is a great shopping buddy! Being in good company works much much much better than retail therapy! I look sooo retarded in that pic!! Like I have a swollen eye or something..... Town again dear, after your exams! You never fail to put a smile on our faces. Glad to be able to destrreeesss with you today. Persevere for your exams! It's the final lap! Gambatte, girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home