her thoughts

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ouchies



And I fell today while blading. I forgot to pray for the first time for safety and protection before blading and this happens. It was quite a bad fall. I was trying to slow down when I saw that big puddle of water a few metres infront. But I guess I couldn brake that way, at the speed I was going, so I went out of control and fell hard on my back. Dont really know what happened thereafter, but I ended up lying on my front, perpendicular to the path. My new specs frame are scratched and were badly bent out of shape. =( But thank God the injuries were not serious. Just a few scratched bruises on my elbow and shoulder. Small scratch on my face. My wrist feels sprained though, and I think I'm going to have a huge blue-black on my back on top of my butt, cos that's where I landed on. Thank God for prompting me to wear my knee guards today or I would be limpping around by now. Dont usually wear them. If only I heard that still small voice of my Big Daddy clearer, I would have worn my elbow guards and wrist guards too. Then I wouldn't have bruised my elbow. Then I wouldn't have sprained my wrist. Shoulder guards? Back guards? Face guards? Haha..

'Pain is God's megaphone.' - quote Rick Warren. Maybe He's trying to tell me, Sheryl, you're going too fast, and telling me to slow down lest a bigger accident hapens to me. Who knows? Only God.

Aikky, I guess I need tutorials on how not to fall and how to fall with style too. How to fall safely maybe. Haha.. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home