her thoughts

Monday, March 19, 2007

Love

Attended G12 conference 15-17 Mar. I've been so blessed! Had a refreshing time, soaking in the presence of God. Felt loved. Uplifting of faith. The time couldn't have been better spent.

"But the greatest of these is love" - 1 Cor 13:13.

And I've been challenged. Challenged to love. Not just doing everything out of obedience. Nothing I do is worth anything, unless I do it out of love. Without love, I am nothing. "We love because he first loved us" - 1 John 4:19. It is a reflection of what Christ first did for us. God's love is the source of all love. And in turn, we love others, who are warmed by God's love through us. The question was once posted. Which is the greatest commandment in the Law? In Matthew 22, Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbour as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments. "

It is easy to say we love God but the real test for our love for God is by how we treat other people, be it family members or friends. "For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, who he has not seen. And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother. " Love God, love His people, who have been created in His image.

I felt that through the past few days, the Lord has been enlarging my heart to love. Something within me feels different, that cannot be described in words. Amazing how God works. The miracles He did in the lives of His people. Real testimonies: Diagnosed with leukemia - completely healed by God; 90% chance of downsyndrome - 100% healthy baby Megan; colour blind since birth and couldn't read red, orange and green - i wrote this myself; gave up on my studies - He didn't, passed my N levels; injured in accident - walking properly now. I couldn't help but tear. Amazed at His love. How great is our God!

You are holy, holy
Lord there is none like You
You are holy, holy
Glory to You alone

I'll sing Your praises forever
Deeper in love with You
Here in Your courts
Where I'm close to Your throne
I've found where I belong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home